Saturday 26 January 2013

Finale


Title : Finale (Hush, Hush #4)
Writer : Becca Fitzpatrick
Number of Page : 454
Publisher : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers 
Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.

In my opinion : 
To be honest, I'm never a fan of these series. I did give high ratings because I liked the way Becca Fitzpatrick reveal the mysteries. I kept turning the pages, hoping to find the answers as soon as possible. Although the surprises didn't really match my expectation, I still considered the excitements I had throughout the reading journey. And these series were one of fantasy-romance books that tell more fantasy than the romance part. Oh, one more thing. No love triangle. Just Nora and Patch.
Nora was a Nephilim leader, thanks to his father, and she was bound to her promise. She had to lead the war between Nephilims and Fallen Angel. This put Nora in difficult position. She couldn't let Fallen Angels win because she would die. But if Nephilims won, she would never see Patch again.
I liked the relationship between Nora and Patch. Not sappy and not flowery. They understood each other, like they had connections that nobody could see. Okay, there was a time when Nora got jealous when she saw photos of Patch and Dabria kissing. But, the misunderstanding problem was solved very fast and effective. Just straight to the point. I liked how Patch handle everything. Well, Nora was unlikable heroine. But, I cared more to the stories than the characters. 
There were betrayals. Oh, I didn't see it coming. Nice traps, damn. There were also annoying scenes when the villain won. I turned the pages like crazy, couldn't stop because I really wanted to see the villain went down and died. I even didn't care when one of Nora's friend died (actually, it was very tragic for this person to die that way... T.T). And Patch... *speechless. How could you be so genious? I never expected that you used that plan to free yourself from hell. Ckckckck... A bad boy would always be a bad boy. I fell for Patch in this book because he'd changed a lot. Not so arrogant, cruel, and selfish like before. And of course, he hadn't thrown away his bad-boy side, haha...

Nice ending. A bit lonely and imperfect. Like it!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment